What We Do
The Vancouver Island Economic Alliance (VIEA) is a collaborative partnership spearheading regional economic development for the Vancouver Island region. VIEA provides opportunities for communities, First Nations, businesses, and other key stakeholders to collaborate on broad-based economic development programs to improve the region’s overall capacity for economic vitality.
This regional alliance embraces all of Vancouver Island from Victoria to Port Hardy as well as the Northern and Southern Gulf Islands. Membership is open to anyone.
The Vancouver Island Economic Alliance is a registered non-government, non-profit society funded by memberships, sponsorships and gate receipts from events. Our primary objectives are to:
- Promote a sustainable and diversified economy for all residents of Vancouver Island economic region
- Promote strong communities, First Nations, and careful stewardship of our natural resources
- Provide regional leadership for regional business attraction, retention and expansion
- Promote regional initiatives that strengthen economic capacity
- Stand against racism and discrimination in all of its forms. All citizens must live in a society where they feel welcome, safe, and free of discrimination of any kind including racist or intolerant behaviour. We make every effort to combat systemic racism, intolerance and injustice, and promote and celebrate equity, diversity and inclusion for all.