Register for the Economic Summit Today!
The 17th Annual State of The Island Economic Summit will take place on October 25 & 26 at Vancouver Island Conference Centre in Nanaimo, BC.
As B.C.’s 37th premier, David is working hard to build a better, stronger future for everyone. Don’t miss this opportunity to engage with Premier Eby and gain insights into his vision for our province at the Summit Breakfast.
Summit Agenda now Live!
We are thrilled to announce that the AGENDA for the ‘State of the Island’ Economic Summit is now live, showcasing a diverse range of engaging sessions.
Explore the array of sessions designed to provide valuable insights and discussions around topics for Vancouver Island’s economic vitality and sustainability including:
- Cultivating the Future: Strategies for Promoting Agricultural Production and Food Security on Vancouver Island – Discover strategies to enhance agricultural production and food security on the island, addressing key challenges and opportunities.
- On the Trail to Success: Collaborative Approaches for Enhancing Recreation Opportunities on Vancouver Island – Dive into strategies that capitalize on recreational opportunities, fostering economic vibrancy for the region.
- The Art of Economic Development: Unlocking Vancouver Island’s Creative Potential – Uncover the potential of Vancouver Island’s vibrant creative economy and its role in driving regional development.
- Small Business, Big Heart: The Resilience of Island Entrepreneurs in the Face of Uncertainty – Join a discussion highlighting the resilience and stories of island entrepreneurs facing various challenges.
- Not-For-Profits: The Economic Superheroes of our Communities – Discover the impactful role of not-for-profits in shaping and contributing to our island communities.
- From Roadblocks to Pathways: Moving People & Products – Explore solutions for transportation challenges and supply chain resilience to steer our island towards a resilient transportation future.
- Circularity in Action: How to turn Waste into Wealth – Understand the principles of the circular economy and how it can foster sustainable prosperity.
Psychedelic Medicine: Transforming Minds and Markets – Dive into the innovative field of psychedelic medicine and its potential for potential for positive economic implications.
- Indigenous Business and Economic Development: Achievements, Reflections, and Future Directions – Hear from indigenous business and economic development leaders to shed light on the inspiring successes, collaborative partnerships, and persistent challenges faced by Indigenous communities in the realm of economic growth.
…and many more engaging sessions that promise valuable insights and actionable takeaways. Don’t miss out! Register now to join these conversations.
Thanks to our Sponsors
The Vancouver Island Economic Alliance could not present the annual Summit in such scope and quality without the support of our sponsors. These sponsors are passionate about the region, the work they do and the possibilities of a thriving innovative economy. Thank you to all our Sponsors for their recognition of the Summit’s positive impacts and VIEA as a whole.