Shipping Opportunities for International Trade
Virtual Session – Thursday, April 29th, 11:00am to 12:30pm
To Anyone Needing to Transport Materials or Goods to/from Vancouver Island:
- Is your import or export logistics chain experiencing delays and costing you additional fees?
- Are you seeking a better way to move your freight directly from Vancouver Island to export markets around the world?
- Do you import your supplies or finished products to Vancouver Island and you’re looking for more options to make your logistic chain more efficient?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you should attend this virtual session with representatives from Westwood Shipping Lines, Nanaimo Port Authority, and DP World Canada. Put Thursday, April 29th, 11:00am to 12:30pm in your calendar and register at https://bit.ly/3sbXgAD to reserve your spot.
- Did you know that an Ocean liner service calls directly to Vancouver Island?
- Did you know that a regular barge service connects Vancouver Island to deep-sea marine terminals in the Port of Vancouver?
- Did you know that Duke Point Terminal expansion is a $105 million private/public investment with $46.2 million from Canada’s National Trade Corridor Fund (NTCF), and $15 million from BC’s Economic Recovery Plan?
Please join our discussion about international trade to and from Vancouver Island, highlighted by information about direct calls of ocean-going vessels to Nanaimo in April/May/June 2021 and weekly barge service connections from Nanaimo to deep-sea marine terminals in the Lower Mainland.
Foreign Trade Zone Vancouver Island (FTZVI) is pleased to host this session with the Port of Nanaimo and key service providers to outline current and continuing trade opportunities on Vancouver Island.
Westwood Shipping Lines is implementing three test sailings commencing Q2 2021 with intention to operate bi-weekly ocean services between Duke Point, Japan and S. Korea–connecting Vancouver Islanders to important trade partners in the Far East.
Additionally, DP World operates marine terminals where Westwood vessels call in Vancouver, Surrey and Nanaimo. DP World also operates a dedicated short sea shipping barge service connecting Vancouver Island to Deep Sea Marine Terminals in Vancouver (Centerm) and Surrey (Fraser Surrey). With regularly scheduled barge calls to each terminal, the DP World Container Barge Service offers an environmentally-friendly and cost-effective shipping solution for dry and refrigerated containers. By connecting these three marine terminals through the barge service, Vancouver Island businesses have opportunity to utilize all water services from Nanaimo to markets in Europe (North Europe and the Mediterranean), South America, Australia and New Zealand, in addition to the Far East.
Foreign Trade Zone Vancouver Island (FTZVI) is happy to offer this chance to learn more about how these shipping opportunities might serve your material and product transportation needs.
Grow Your Sales With Free Trade Agreements
|Businesses that consider free trade agreements in their growth plans can export more cost-effectively and be more competitive in the international market. In this interactive webinar, you will learn about Canada’s top free trade agreements, certificates of origin, and the paperwork required to meet market regulations and how to achieve exporting success.|
|This free seminar will provide information on:|
|Register now: sbbc.co/apr27export|
|Presented and hosted by Allison Boulton, Program Manager of Export Navigator, with insights offered by other international trade experts.|
Accelerating Manufacturing Scale-Up Grant Program