Keynote Speaker, Carlota Sanz, Co-founder, Doughnut Economics Action Lab
Going Virtual | 15th Annual ‘State of the Island’ Economic Summit | Oct. 27-28
In light of the evolving situation regarding COVID-19, we’ve made the difficult decision to move this year’s Economic Summit from the hybrid in-person event to completely virtual. This provides a safe, accessible opportunity for everyone to engage regarding important issues and trends.
Taking place October 27 and 28 online, the Summit will feature panel sessions, roundtables and keynote presentations:
- Carlota Sanz, Co-founder, Doughnut Economics Action Lab (DEAL) will challenge our thinking about economic development in the 21st century;
- BC Premier Horgan will update us on the BC economic recovery plan;
- The ‘Food Doctor’, Dr. Sylvain Charlebois, Senior Director of the Agri-food Analytics Lab at Dalhousie University, will speak of food security and diversified opportunities in food production;
- Senior Economist, Susan Mowbray, partner at MNP, will highlight key findings in VIEA’s 7th annual Economic Report. (Everyone attending will receive free access to the digital Report – $195 value.)
Expert panelists will address vital questions related to the indigenous economy, mental health, climate change, technological disruption, the new PacifiCan Agency, the ‘blue economy’, and challenge our thinking regarding diversity and inclusion, assessing investment risk, and more! Click here for the full agenda.
The online platform will help you engage with others and network:
- Log into the ‘Virtual Attendee Hub’to start networking with decision-makers from across Vancouver Island as soon as you register. Simply click on the ‘Community’ tab for the list of attendees.
- Send direct messages to attendees by searching name, title or company.
- Click on your schedule to easily make 1:1 virtual appointments with anyone attending and receive appointment requests by email.
- Check collateral on exhibitors’ profiles and contact them via ‘Chat’, ‘Meet Now’ and ‘Contact Us’ buttons.
- Live chat and meet virtually with exhibitor booth staff.
- Participate in contests via gamification, social media share and more…
“There is no question that business leaders create this conference… providing an intense atmosphere of information flow and discussion. It creates opportunities for business promotion, personal growth and education, and most impressive is the constant dialogue and innovative collaboration that gets results.” – Summit delegate.
2021 Summit Sponsors