The Summit is a unique and diverse opportunity for you and your employees to become informed on the state of the Island economy and to understand where opportunities for your organization exist in our region.
• Immersive Learning – Get access to real insights that impact your business through problem-solving chat groups.
• Trending Topics – Five plenary presentations and twelve hyperlocal panel sessions on themes such as Indigenomics, innovation, tourism, art, the digital economy, and local goods production on Vancouver Island.
• Interactive Tradeshow – Connect directly with regional exhibitors about the challenges facing your business, and the solutions they can offer.
• Strategic Networking – Make meaningful connections by scheduling 1-to-1 meetings through the Summit’s delegate list.
• Don’t Miss Out – As part of your Summit registration, you will have access to sessions on-demand after the virtual event so you can watch them later, or again.
Sessions at the Summit
Changing Our Ways
It’s time to improve development processes for the communities we want. We need progressive thinking and better processes to facilitate economic recovery and functional communities.
Moderator: Kerry Slavens, Director of PR & Engagement, South Island Prosperity Partnership
• Luke Mari, Principal, Development Leader, Aryze Developments
•Miko Betanzo, Senior Planner, Urban Design, Sustainable Planning & Community Development, City of Victoria
•Kathy Whitcher, Executive Director, Urban Development Institute, Capital Region
Accessing Investment Capital
In response to global economic and financial uncertainty, an emerging trend is investors looking for opportunities where they can watch their money work in the local economy.
Moderator: Dan Hurley, Principal, Hurley Martin Group
• Peter Elkins, Serial Entrepreneur & Community Economic Development Thought Leader
•Daniel Martinez, Partner, Integral Wealth Management
•Kristi Fairholm Mader, Co-founding Director, Scale Collaborative