Has it ever been more important to support local producers when you shop?
It’s good for us and good for our economy!
Island Good Makes It Easy to Find Local Products
COVID-19 is teaching us all that local goods production is vital to our economy. And, we have seen Island Good businesses rise to the challenge with retailers adapting quickly to keep us safe; food processors and other Island Good businesses collaborating to support local food banks; and creating online shopping to provide us with fresh, local goods.
Find a wide range of Island products in these Island Good stores:
- 49th Parallel Grocery
- Country Grocer
- Cowichan Regional Visitor Centre – Gift baskets and other goods available for pick up.
- French Creek Seafood – Locally caught seafood delivery.
- L’il Market at Page’s Resort – Food and products made or grown on Gabriola Island.
- Comox Valley Airport – Mid Island Gifts & On The Fly Cafe – Homemade lunches, dinners and baked goods (temporarily closed).
- Peppers Food Store in Cadboro Bay
- Quality Foods
- Springford Farm – Find their chicken, eggs and beef at the Springford Farm Market Thursday-Saturday 10am-5pm in Nanoose Bay. They also sell a range of local products.
- Tru Value Foods
Beverages that are Island Good
- 40 Knots Vineyard – High quality, ethical, clean wines at the largest grape winery in the Comox Valley – Shop online & by telephone for delivery/pickup or find them in your local specialty liquor store.
- Level Ground Trading – Delicious fair trade coffee, roasted in Victoria; Shop online shop for delivery/pickup. Also available at local grocers listed above.
- Old Victoria Water Company – The largest bottled water company serving our region – Shop online for delivery.
- Rocky Creek Winery – An estate Cowichan Valley winery that has award winning wines – Shop online for delivery or find them in your local specialty liquor store.
- Wayward Distillery – Canada’s first distillery to produce spirits using 100% BC honey – Shop online for delivery/pickup or find them in your local specialty liquor store.
- Zen Moment Kombucha Inc. – Kombucha brewed with premium and organic ingredients in Courtenay – direct sales by appointment with ‘contact-free’ pick-up and payment and available at local retailers including Tru Value Foods on Quadra Island.
Farms that are Island Good
- Vancouver Island Farm Products – A group of Island farmers passionate about feeding residents of Vancouver Island with Island-grown food. Buy their products at the Island Good stores listed above.
- Victorian Acres Farm – Provides pasture raised grass fed and grass finished Hereford beef, naturally raised chickens and naturally raised turkeys. Shop by telephone to pick up or buy their products at the Comox Valley farmers market or through the Comox Valley farmer’s market online store.
Food Producers that are Island Good
- Abuelo’s Foods – Hand made tortillas, offering sales of products via phone for pickup. Also available at various retail outlets including Pommes and Springford Farms Market.
- Arbutus Ridge Farms – Manufacturers of fresh deli foods available at local grocers listed above.
- Hertel Meats – Ham and bacon products – Shop online for delivery and at local grocers listed above.
- Mitchell Soup Company – Specializes in making delicious soup recipes that nourish the body – Shop online for delivery and at local grocers listed above.
- Paradise Island Foods – Natural and organic cheese available at local grocers listed above.
- Saltspring Kitchen Co. – Gourmet savoury, spicy & sweet preserves, flavour forward and funky hot sauces handmade on Salt Spring Island – Shop online for delivery or pickup or buy from a variety of specialty stores listed on their website.
- St. Jean’s Cannery – Gourmet seafood products & sport fish processing – Shop online for delivery and at many of the local grocers listed above.
- Tilly’s Galley Ltd. – International and regional dishes, including chowders, soups, rice dishes, pasta mixes, and spice blends. Quick and easy to prepare at home, Shop online for delivery and available at many local grocers.
- Wood Fire Spice – Chef Inspired Spice Blends Hand Blended on Gabriola Island – Shop online for delivery or at a variety of specialty stores listed on their website.
- Yeshi Dressing – Nutritional yeast-based dressing that’s fit for gluten-free and vegetarian diets – Shop online for delivery and at many of the local grocers listed above.
Health & Beauty Products that are Island Good
- Big Venture Sales – Providing natural Stevia and essential oils – Shop online for delivery.
- Feisty Ferdy Organics – Organic skincare products – Shop online for delivery or at Home Hardware, Great Greens Market in Duncan, Sweet Meadows Mill Bay and 49th Parallel Grocery.
- Your Elegant Essentials – Creators of quality personal care products made from natural ingredients – Shop online for delivery.
Manufacturers that are Island Good
- Aux Box – Manufacturers of modern pre-fab rooms; contact for order and delivery.
- Fawcett Mattress – Fawcett is a furniture and mattress manufacturer based in Victoria committed to producing work of an exceptional quality with the finest natural, sustainable and Earth friendly products available – Shop online for delivery or pickup, or call for a private appointment in their showroom.
- Woodland Flooring – Locally made sustainable wood flooring that provides a healthier alternative to imported manufactured flooring. Call for ordering and installation.
Restaurants that are Island Good