Find a wide range of Island products in these Island Good stores:
• Cowichan Regional Visitor Centre – Gift baskets and other goods available for pick up.
• Discovery Foods – Locally Owned and Operated Grocery Business in Campbell River area. Two locations to serve you including Willow Point and Oyster River stores.
• Farm Table Inn – Located on Hwy #18 on the way to Lake Cowichan in the Cowichan Valley the Farm Store is available for farm made food.
• French Creek Seafood – Locally caught seafood delivery.
• Lettuce Deliver – A local family owned and operated business that is offering produce boxes for delivery to customers wanting fresh produce.
• L’il Market at Page’s Resort – Food and products made or grown on Gabriola Island.
•Comox Valley Airport – On The Fly Cafe – Homemade lunches, dinners and baked goods
•Peppers Food Store in Cadboro Bay
• Smith & Lee Butcher – Providing Campbell River residents with choice quality meats, cheese and their own in house made sausage.
• Walcan Seafood– Tide to Table by Walcan Seafood is proudly processing your order direct from Quadra Island. They now service Greater Victoria, from Nanaimo to Comox Valley, Ladysmith to Mill Bay, Campbell River and Quadra Island with free delivery (with min purchase).
Beverages that are Island Good
• 40 Knots Vineyard – High quality, ethical, clean wines at the largest grape winery in the Comox Valley – Shop online & by telephone for delivery/pickup or find them in your local specialty liquor store.
• Blue Grouse Winery – Family-owned and sustainably-farmed, the winery and vineyards are sought after for sampling an award-winning portfolio of wines.
• Level Ground Trading – Delicious fair trade coffee, roasted in Victoria; Shop online shop for delivery/pickup. Also available at local grocers listed above.
• Merridale Cidery & Distillery – Merridale makes farm-crafted Cider, Spirits, and Fortified Ciders. Made from 100% Undiluted Apple Juice that is grown and produced at their Cobble Hill farm, in the heart of Cowichan, British Columbia.
• Old Victoria Water Company – The largest bottled water company serving our region – Shop online for delivery.
• Rocky Creek Winery – An estate Cowichan Valley winery that has award winning wines – Shop online for delivery or find them in your local specialty liquor store.
• Stonehouse Teas – Offers signature blends of loose leaf teas, locally roasted organic Aroma coffee and serve other specialty drinks like their famous chai latte. They have fresh baked scones and muffins daily.
• Valley Cider Company – A farm-based small batch craft cidery located in Cowichan, focusing on new ways to express a heritage product.
• Wayward Distillery – Canada’s first distillery to produce spirits using 100% BC honey – Shop online for delivery/pickup or find them in your local specialty liquor store.
• Zen Moment Kombucha Inc. – Kombucha brewed with premium and organic ingredients in Courtenay – direct sales by appointment with contact-free pick-up and payment and available at local retailers including Tru Value Foods on Quadra Island.
Farms that are Island Good
• Nanoose Edibles – Located in Nanoose Bay they supply restaurants, local businesses, and their stand at the farm with Certified Organic food.
• Springford Farm – Find their chicken, eggs and beef at the Springford Farm Market Thursday- Saturday 10am-5pm in Nanoose Bay. They also sell a range of local products.
• Vancouver Island Farm Products – A group of Island farmers passionate about feeding residents of Vancouver Island with Island-grown food. Buy their products at the Island Good stores listed above.
• Victorian Acres Farm – Provides pasture raised grass fed and grass finished Hereford beef, naturally raised chickens and naturally raised turkeys. Shop by telephone to pick up or buy their products at the Comox Valley farmers market or through the Comox Valley farmer’s market online store.
Food Producers that are Island Good
• A & S Microgreens – A & S Microgreens is a Vertical Microgreen Farm located in Cobble Hill and they proudly grow 40+ varieties of fresh microgreens
• Abuelo’s Foods – Hand made tortillas, offering sales of products via phone for pickup. Also available at various retail outlets.
• Arbutus Farms – Fresh Deli Foods – Manufacturers of fresh deli foods available at local grocers listed above.
• CURE Artisan Meat and Cheese – Cowichan Valley’s premier charcuterie shop, featuring house made pates, sausages and cured meats as well as a large selection of local and imported cheese.
• Ed’s Soup Shack + – They use only the freshest ingredients we can find to create gourmet dinner options without any added salt, sugar, or MSG.
• Gathering Place Trading Ltd. – They specialize in organic spices and Canadian grown organic herbs, artisan sea salts, teas and dried fruit.
• Hertel Meats – Ham and bacon products – Shop online for delivery and at local grocers listed above.
• Holy Cow Indian Eats – They offer delivery within a 40km radius of their kitchen in Duncan.
• hOMe Grown Living Foods – Their extensive product line includes: ON the GO Snacks, Nut Free & Low Carb Baking Mixes and Pantry Staples.
• Ixim Foods Inc. – You can find their fresh corn tortillas any day of the week at Pomme Naturals (Island Naturals Market) in North Nanaimo and at Scoops Naturals located just south of Duncan.
• Paradise Island Foods – Natural and organic cheese available at local grocers listed above.
• Pickles’ Pantry – Their main focus is on a selection of small batch, handmade Pâté’s and Terrines.
• Pixie Chicks Spices – Original and preservative-free spice blends, made with love and packaged with a bit of cheeky humour.
• Saltspring Kitchen Co. – Gourmet savoury, spicy & sweet preserves, flavour forward and funky hot sauces handmade on Salt Spring Island – Shop online for delivery or pickup or buy from a variety of specialty stores listed on their website.
• St. Jean’s Cannery – Gourmet seafood products & sport fish processing – Shop online for delivery and at many of the local grocers listed above.
• Singing Bowl Granola – Offers a delicious variety of healthy, handmade small batch granolas made with clean ingredients, and not too sweet.
• The Drift Meat & Seafood Ltd. – They carry a large variety of frozen local wild seafood as well as specialty artisan meat products and can be found at farmers markets in Nanaimo, Cedar and Duncan.
• The Sinnamon’s Saucy Add-In’s – A new and easy way to add nutrition to most any meal with Organic ingredients.
• Tilly’s Galley Ltd. – International and regional dishes, including chowders, soups, rice dishes, pasta mixes, and spice blends. Quick and easy to prepare at home, Shop online for delivery and available at many local grocers.
• Wood Fire Spice – Chef Inspired Spice Blends Hand Blended on Gabriola Island – Shop online for delivery or at a variety of specialty stores listed on their website.
• Yeshi Dressing – Nutritional yeast-based dressing that’s fit for gluten-free and vegetarian diets -shop online for delivery and at many of the local grocers listed above.
Only 8 days until the State of the Island Economic Summit!
The Road to Recovery for Vancouver Island’s Tourism Industry
After the COVID-19 pandemic began earlier this year, Vancouver Island’s tourism industry saw an immediate and severe impact, which in turn heavily effecting the communities that rely on it.
While there remains a large amount of uncertainty around the continued impact of the pandemic, it is clear that the road to recovery will be long and difficult.
Join us at the virtual State of the Island Economic Summit for a session that will provide an inside look at the cumulative impact of the pandemic on the industry and how public and private sector leaders from across the Region are working collaboratively to guide the industry’s recovery. See the full Summit Agenda here.