The annual meeting will commence at 10:30 am and will conclude at 11:30 am. The Annual General Meeting will be followed by the first meeting of the Board of Directors for 2009-2010 lead by the new elected chair.
Highlights of 2008 will include:
– Completed Regional Economic Analysis in partnership with Island Coastal Economic Trust, Ministry of Community Development and Ministry of Housing and Social Development
– Initiated Welcoming Communities: Regional Immigration Integration
– Initiated a New VIEA Website with funding support from Coast Capital Savings
– Initiated a Collaborative Workforce Strategy Development with funding support from Service Canada
– Established a Marketing Committee for the purpose of Branding Vancouver Island and are in the process of fundraising to achieve the objectives
– Established a Membership Committee for the purpose of ensuring we excel as a membership driven organization.
– Established a Governance Committee for the purpose of ensuring that we excel in our operations.
– Established a Transportation Committee for the purpose of developing an Island Transportation Strategy.
– Established a Renewable Energy Committee for the purpose of developing an Island Renewable Energy Strategy.
– Hosted the 2008 State of the Island Economic Summit in November 2008 and welcome 400 delegates.
Location: Vancouver Island Real Estate Board
6374 Metral Drive, Nanaimo, BC
Time: 10:30 am – 11:30 am
All members and non members Welcome. Attendance is free and to register for this event, please confirm with President Cori Lynn Germiquet , email@example.com or 250-240-5157